Date: 28th December 2023
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Location: West Coast, US (Remote)
Job Status: Full Time
RxLogix is a global pharmacovigilance solutions company specializing in innovative software and expert consulting services. Our talented team of business and technology innovators works with Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Professionals to help increase the compliance, productivity, and quality for the entire Drug Safety value chain. We are business transformers, digital thinkers, tech Innovators, technology revolutionist, business mavericks, driven and open-minded individuals. At RxLogix, our goal is to make the most innovative industry standard software for the life sciences domain.
Global PV processes can be complex. Existing tools used to track PV tasks and adverse events are manual, bloated, and complex. To take the next step in PV productivity, we need a fresh start. RxLogix is here to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs, and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
- The Software Sales Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Business development for US and Europe of RxLogix.
- Managing territory by selling directly into pharmaceutical companies and Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Build and work the entire sales pipeline from prospecting for new business, to cold-calling, to getting client meetings, to closing business.
- Candidate should have a hunger for personal and company success and enjoy working on a high functioning, competitive, and collaborative team.
- Our Sales team is responsible for introducing our suite of solutions, to new customers and driving new business for the company in the US and Europe.
- Previous pharma experience and clinical trials experience is preferred.
- Software Sales Manager will play an important and highly visible role in liaising with key executives in the life sciences industry.
- One of our core values is working as a team, and we expect our sales team to live and breathe team collaboration to ensure the team’s and RxLogix success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Penetrate, profile, qualify and schedule well-qualified appointments with key decision makers within targeted US and EU life science companies
- Cold-call, network, and email a high volume of prospects and sales operations leaders, and utilize resources to build and maintain the sales pipeline.
- Learn and demonstrate a solid understanding of RxLogix technology, and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Comprehensively introduce and explain our solutions via web meetings.
- Effectively position and liaise with prospects ranging from end-users, to Directors, VP, to the CX level.
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Work closely with the US and EU Sales Director and marketing team members to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide continual input to the sales and marketing organizations to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities.
- Generate new business and sales leads through a mixture of cold calling and following up on marketing campaigns and inbound inquiries.
- Work with existing clients to grow their accounts and find referrals.
- Schedule meetings with target accounts.
- Manage inbound leads.
- Make outbound calls to targeted accounts.
- Understand programs and offerings and effectively communicate and apply them to each prospect need.
- 5-10 years of direct sales experience with proven achievement of sales targets, along with a track record of successfully selling enterprise software solutions (preferably SaaS).
- Previous experience selling into the pharmaceutical and CRO industry is preferred.
- Previous experience with selling Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety Software.
- Previous experience presenting online to a wide variety of clients, including senior level executives, and proven success closing the sale.
- Ability to stand up in front of executive and articulate a business case.
- Travel up to 30-40% of the time.
- Customer oriented background required (sales, support, customer service).
- Qualities of cooperation, adaptability, flexibility as changes occur in the department, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Solid understanding of web, enterprise, and SaaS technologies.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, and the capacity to multi-task.
- Strong interest in technology, and the ability to clearly explain even the most complicated ideas to a non-technical audience.
IMPORTANT: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.