Date: 7th April 2022
Job Status: Full Time
We are looking for a visionary engineer to join our Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the team, responsible for developing and managing the Engineering process. In this role, the hands-on Software Development Manager will be called upon to analyze problems, suggest, and assess multiple alternative solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide engineering managers to develop project and resource plans/schedules, assist the team in accomplishing tasks, demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire product delivery process
- Manage a team of professionals to design and develop database systems.
- Provide guidance to the database team on database structures and features.
- Create standard procedures to enhance the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- Troubleshoot complex database issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supervise installation, migration, and upgrade of databases.
- Ensure that the database solution is developed according to business requirements.
- Prepare reports on database scalability and capacity planning as needed.
- Identify and resolve database issues related to performance and capacity.
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the database team.
- Develop best practices for performance and operational efficiency.
- Ensure database management and maintenance tasks are performed effectively.
- Conduct training programs for staff on database development and maintenance procedures.
- Provide regular updates to management on database project status.
- Implement agile processes and metrics to ensure that the engineering organization is exceptionally efficient and focused and that the product is market-ready.
- Recruit and develop a world-class development team, utilize external resources to drive important initiatives
- Stay updated with new database technologies and analyze such technologies to bring into the scope of existing infrastructure.
- Strong Linux/Unix experience
- Over 7+ years of experience in Product development
- Experience of data warehouse system design, development and testing
- 5+ years of experience in leading and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database
- Extensive Knowledge of Oracle Argus
- Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Experience in successful delivery of multiple products on time and with Quality.
BTech / MTech